Thursday, December 18, 2008

Missing Xmas item

Xmas Dress - checked

Xmas Shoes - checked

Xmas Hair - checked

Xmas Fun Plan - checked

Xmas Cookies - checked

Xmas Cake - eeeerrrmmm... emmmm...

O'ow.

Xmas cake is missing!!


My mother-in-law has baked us Xmas cake. Monkey brought it home with him from OZ. We planned to make it last until Xmas but apparently it became a big hit and gone missing the very next day it 'arrived' here.

I think I did mention in my previous post that I have bought a new cooker. Sure, I can play with it by baking Xmas cake. The problem is, I need it to have the exact taste like one Mum Barbara baked. Otherwise, Monkey wouldn't enjoy it. And hell ya, I wouldn't enjoy it too. I really doubt I could bake one like her cake. My first two chocolate cakes were far from OK, they are still in my fridge. Nobody wants to eat them, which is not surprising.

Now, I don't expect myself to bake something like Mum Barbara's Xmas cake. I can't bake a cake by just looking at it's photo and remembering the taste. Or can I? So how ah? Should I ask her secret recipe and try it, or should I just order one from the bakery shop near my house? But will it taste and look like this one?




Hmmm... hmmm.. I don't know. I'll think about it tonight.

Laters.

0 comments: