Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do you remember me?

Friends, they come and go from my life. Some left me with good memories, some with bitter memories. Some left me temporarily, some for good.

I can take it well, I can live with it. People come and go from our life. I do that too. It's OK, it's only normal.

Be it sweet, bitter, happy or sad memories, I accept them all. Although, I used to hate bad memories. I hated it so much that I thought if there were medicines invented to erase bad memories from people's head, I would take it, along with the risk of losing my good memories. That's how much I hate them.

However, life has taught me that everything happens for reason. If it left us with joy and happiness, praise god and enjoy it while it last. If it left us emotionally wounded, still praise god and let it be. Time will heal it and soon or later, we will find ourselves naturally moving on.

Yes, people come and go. This fact doesn't sadden me at all.

Nonetheless, there is a thing that sneakily managed to sadden me.

It's the people who have left me with nothing to remember, except for their name and face. Other than that, zero, nil, nada.

How could it be?

It saddens me because I want them to worth something in my memory. Remembering name and face is not good enough, I want more than that. What's good of having them in my 'hard disk' if they don't worth a pinch for the 'space' they take? Having to remember someone really mean and manipulative is way better than not being able to remember anything about someone I 'remember'.

Or, is the whole idea about them is 'remembering' their name and face? Maybe so that one day in future if I saw them again, I could save myself from embarrassment by remembering their name?

Oh, well.

4 comments:

Moses+Christ Army said...

if i have the ability, i want my dark memories gone forever.

Miss E said...

Don't think too much of it dearie, dark memories are also what make us who we are today.

Unknown said...

people may forget what you said and what u did to them..for sure people will never forget how you made them feel..you will owez be remembered my frenz!

Miss E said...

Like when you left your phone at my working place, thought it was missing,sent sms-es begging the 'thief' to return it by saying 'my mum needs to call me'?

And then found out it was with me and I was having a good day, making fun of you?

ahaha..ha ha ha aha ha ha..

Good old days, ten..