Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book Game

Everyone in my roll is doing this. Here's the sentence from my book.

"The anger that Jeremiah felt welling up in his own heart was not his own but the wrath of Yahweh." -- A History of God by Karen Armstrong (1993)

Come join in the fun! :)

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 57.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your wall, and post your sentence in a comment here as well. Include the title of book and author.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the quotes... and Yahweh is the God's name. As far as I know, only few Christianity calling God as Yahweh,Jah or Jehovah. =)

Miss E said...

Yes, that's right. According to my reading, during Abraham's time God was called El Shaddai and during Moses' time He was called Yahweh. Same person, though. There are more interesting stuffs in the book but I haven't finished reading it just yet. I got freaked out by some issues or topics brought up by the writter...so I stop for a while.

Unknown said...

really? what's the title of the book? im interested to read it. btw, im one of the christian who calls God as Jehovah hehe =D

Miss E said...

Nice. :-) The book's title is "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong. I got it from Popular bookstore for RM49.90. If you have the membership, they'll give you 10% discount. But if you could wait until I finish reading it, I could lend it to. You'll be back to Shah Alam soon, right? I could ask my sister to pass it to you.