Monday, January 26, 2009

How I spend my CNY holiday

Just finished a novel by Sue Townsend. Not bad. Took me 5 hours to finish it.

Something unusual happened last night. I was sleepless so I started reading the novel. Monkey was already sleeping soundly. Around half past two in the morning, he rose up from the bed and sat at the edge of it with both of his hands on his face. I asked if he's alright but he was just quiet. Boy, I wished he was having a nightmare and sleep walking but he wasn't. He then went to the kitchen, grabbed two cans of beer and went to the gazebo. I got concerned so I went to the kitchen too, looked for the mosquito coils, grabbed dinner leftover, went back to bedroom, grabbed the novel and torch light. I followed him to the gazebo. I said to him I'm there to listen if he wanted to talk about what bothering him. So he started talking and I started listening (and eating leftover). Damn, Midget! Rice at 3 a.m.? No wonder you are so fat!

It was something about the unfinished business during his childhood. I can't say much, it's too personal for him. He sat quietly after pouring his heart out. I was hoping he would go back to bed but just the minute bofore I mentioned it, he said he wanted to wait until half past four (Malaysia time) to ring his parents in Australia. He said they would be awake by then. Oh, poor baby. I didn't want to say anything, just sat there quietly with him. I was afraid I might upset him if I suggested we go to back into the house and wait in there (mosquitoes were feasting on my legs, that's why), so I kept the suggestion to myself and kept eating my rice. He somehow got tired of waiting for the time to pass after he finished his last beer. He said he felt sleepy and chaged his mind, he would ring them first thing when he wakes up. Good.

I didn't wake up until half past twelve in the afternoon. It was my mother that woke me up, she rang from my grandparents' paddy field, reporting that they have finished harvesting the paddy today. I could hear aunt Betsy's voice at the background. What!? They came all the way from Sarawak to harvest the field? Oh. Maybe Uncle Victor got a long weekend for the Chinese New Year off. Good for them. I didn't talk much though. I don't like talking or listening to anybody the minute I am awake from my sleep. I said to her I'll call her back and threw the mobile phone onto my table. I didn't rise from my bed. Instead, I continued reading my novel until I finished it.

I smelled something strong in the air. Why, the smell is familiar. Right! It's the smell of something from Monkey's BBQ set. As I am typing this, he comes in to the room and pull my blanket. He said I must get up and lend him my hands outside, or else. I said, no way, I'm having a nap. He replied, no way too, you just got up from your sleep, I don't believe you stil are still sleepy. Oh, and he said my sister and our guest are cleaning the house too! Great. Now I'm officially in trouble.

But no, I don't want to get out from my bedroom just yet. I have been working 21 days in a row and now that I'm having a CNY off, I want to just lay in my bed and forget how hard it was working every day, including Sundays. They can clean the house all they like and Monkey could make my bro and my sister's boyfriend help him with grilling. I'm wondering what's the big deal about having BBQ again, we just had a BBQ to celebrate CNY last night. One whole chicken, one big fish and many chops. I don't agree with this, if we have BBQ everyday, it will take out the pleasure of having it. BBQ is the only thing we're looking forward when my family members and friends come over. Fair enough, they are here now but it doesn't mean we have to have BBQ party every day. Plus, last night was already extra special because they climbed the roof to watch fireworks.

There is another thing. I know something I shouldn't know about my guest. She didn't know that I know. It's really painful for me to bear it and therefore, I don't have a heart to face her today. I know she is acting things out so that everything looks normal. And I acted as if I didn't know anything too. That's really a hard job as I am never known for being good at acting out anything. I nearly said something last night about me knowing her big-dirty secret but lucky, my brain acted faster than my mouth. Shees, Midget. Mind your own business. It's not your place to say anything about it. Oooohhhhh..but it's getting heavier on my shoulder now! I don't know how much longer I can do it. I am so hurt that she has the gut to keep things like (the secret) from people, specially her family (which I know and fond very much). This is not right. By doing this, I can see that she's on her way to successfully makes many people get hurt (I am already hurt). *Sigh* Maybe I should say a little pray for her.

----God, please bless her and give her a true heart. Give her strength to be honest so she could come up clean and save all the pain she could cause to the people who love her. Please god, I haven't beg for anything from you in the last 5 years. You got to grant this one. I would give 50 bucks extra to my sister before she leaves to college this weekend if you granted it. Amen. ---

There. I'm feeling better now. I've done my part. Maybe not completely just yet, she's not leaving until tomorrow so I still have to carry out my new acting career. I hope I am getting good at it. Might as well consider taking acting class and pursue new career as infamous actress like Fasha Sanda. Hah!


**************************


4.09 p.m. now - I was dragged out of bed by Monkey before. He had his foot down so I had to leave my bed coz he actually grabbed both my legs and dragged me from the bed. I fell off the bed and knocked my head on the floor. Very painful. He will have to pay for that. Went to the living room, my bro and sis' bf were watching prison break. Went to kitchen and joined my sis and the guest eating mee hoon soup. My sis cooked. Smell alright but didn't taste very good. Sorry sis, just saying my honest opinion. Back to the living room, my bro said how dare I didn't get up and help with the BBQ preparation. For god sake, it's Australia Day and it means a lot to my Australian monkey.

Ah! Now everything makes sense. Today is 26th January, Australia Day. I feel guilty to Monkey. I apologised and said he doesn't have to pay for the lump on the back of my head. He said OK, now we are good again. I asked him now that I am apologised, can I have the best bit of those grilled meat on his plate. He said OK, so I thought we were really not fighting anymore. I ate them joyfully. Suddenly he said I have to stop being lazy, though. Ouch, that hurt! I said, ya right, I've been working as hard as you, I started my new year by working 21 days in a row and hell ya, I have my right to be lazy on my off day. I quickly left the 'scene of crime' (Monkey accusation of me being lazy-that's a serious crime) and now I am in my room again, typing my first very true and real secret monologue. Damn you, Monkey. I can lock the bedroom door, you know. You can sleep in the study tonight. First you said I'm forgiven for forgetting one of the many unimportant dates (to me) and let me ate the best bit of meat on your plate. Next, you said I'm lazy because I didn't help you celebrating it. You are in a big trouble now. We are officially fighting again!

I think I'll call it a day now. I'm going to bed, it's a better way to avoid Monkey. If he tried to make peace with me today, he can't, because I can't hear him in my sleep. Alright. Off now.

Ow. Shoot! I just remember that I have to send my bro to the bus station later. He has to go back to Kuantan. Now I can't sleep. Shoot! Unless I ask Monkey to drop him there, which I can't because we are fighting. I know the rest of the people in my house right now doesn't have a clue how to get to Larkin. Hopeless brats! I drove to their place in Shah Alam and found their place on my first attempt, why can't they pay attention every time I pick them up from Larkin? Now I can't go to bed. I can only have a short nap. Or, maybe I can arrange to call the cab company for him. ~ but I'm afraid he will get mad of me, it'll cost him a lot of money...

What do I do, what do I do...

Maybe I should nap now and see how I feel when I get up. Maybe I won't be this mad at Monkey after the nap. But he must say sorry first, otherwise I won't say a thing to him until he feels neglected and makes a sad face.

OK. Gotta go now. Talk soon.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sound you have so much fun and lazying yrself on yr CNY hols..
too bad I feel like i was in my dream spending the nite out wif u at Waikiki..to find out the next day u got to rush go back to JB..so much fun,so little time..oh ya Check out my new template! I got to get my adrenaline back to get on blogging!! owh yeah..