Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nothing justify the act of cheating

Went to the wet market to get some fresh food for the Jazzy. It was quiet down there. Lot of stalls were still not open. Maybe the stall operators are still having CNY fever, they rather stay at home and chill out. Lucky my regular chicken stall was open, they know exactly what I need and since I am regular, they give me special price for chicken carcass at all times. The lau ban was not around today, his staffs ran the stall.

I discovered their dirty trick today. I stood in front of the stall, waiting for the staff to get my frozen chicken carcass from their freezer at the back. It was about quarter to one in the afternoon, they were about to pack everything into their big freezer and go back. I noticed they weight the chicken before they packed it individually. Nothing wrong with that but what disturbed me is that they actually looked at the scale and then put water into the chicken's pack until the needle moved to the round figure. Cheating! That's cheating!

What happen is, the chickens are going to individual plastic bags and then get frozen in the freezer. The next day, they'll just take it out and put it on the weight scale and charge their customers based on the weight displayed. Of course the customer won't suspect anything because they don't notice the 'added element' in their chicken. The water has already turned into ice, frozen together with the chicken.

Ya, maybe they say why fuss, it's not that much, 70-80g per pack, it's only a little. Hm, still, it doesn't justify the cheating, does it? No matter big or small, cheating is cheating. Man..cheating is a sin. You can't do that, it's a bad, bad karma.

So, my two cents, if you go to Pasar Awam Taman Perling to buy chicken, make sure you buy the fresh or defrosted ones.

Next time I come there again, I'll talk to the owner and tell him I'm not happy with the way they run the business. If I have to, I'll say if he doesn't stop it, he will be doomed and the 'water money' he steals from his customers will turn into poison in his daily food. And if he doesn't welcome me to his stall anymore, well, I can always drive to Hans Market and get my supply from there.

I did say 'Hey, that's cheating' to his staffs but they didn't even feel shy or make their dirty action look not so obvious. I know they heard me though, because they did say 'sah poh' to me. Hello? I know, you know, that I'm not Chinese but I know what is a 'sah poh'. And I'm not. I was just saying the truth, THEY ARE CHEATING.

4 comments:

Hobbit Wife said...

Punya teruk tu Ery...How can they do that??? You should post your entry in some local forums so the community would be more alert to what these "tukang ayams" are doing to their customers! Thanks for blogging about it. I now have to be careful myself...:)

Anonymous said...

grrr...how dare!!

go to kfc la..kfc never cheat haha

Moses+Christ Army said...

btw, erina

dis is my new blog

http://moseschristarmy.blogspot.com/

abandon de old one due to urmmm............sa mo tu bastards baca tu blog balik2 smpai bila2 hahahahhaa!! penat wohh sa taip tu panjang2...

Miss E said...

Aims: Betul Amy, ada chance nanti sa buat. :-)

Cris: Adoi Cris, kalau hari2 kasi beli anjing sa si Jazzy KFC, kuruslah dompet sa. Ha ha. I'll add your new blog address into my list. :-)