Thursday, January 1, 2009

So Long 2008, Welcome 2009!

Year 2008 has ended. So long 2008, welcome 2009.

It was not exactly an easy year for me. Most nights in 2008 I cried myself to bed. I can say it was among the toughest years in my life so far. There were quite a few things I wish I didn't say or do. There were also many things I wish didn't happen to me and my family.

Seeing that last year, I always had something bad to say on everything, could it be because I am one unhappy person? Or could it be because I am just a plain cry baby? Or both? Gosh, these sound so pathetic. Or am I?


A very close friend once mentioned her concerns about me. She thinks I am quite a pessimistic person. She also said I worry a lot. Ya, that one I agree with her. Although, I must say I did put a fair amount of effort to look at the bright side when situations occurred in my life. So, I can safely say I am not a total pessimist. I don't see myself like that. I always believe things happen for reasons, they can't just purposely happen to hurt me. It can't be. It against the nature.

Most of my problems and dilemmas have been hanging around me forever. They have been tailing me all my life. They have long started since my childhood. It's just that things are getting unruly and beyond acceptable this year.

If I were to play the hideous blaming game again, I would put all the blames to the way I was raised back then. Thanks to all the motivational books and wise advices from many people I've met throughout the journey of my life, I don't do that anymore. If I've ever learnt anything, I've learnt to give up blaming people for those catastrophes and violence that robbed my happiness. So, instead of getting angry as usual, I cried a lot. Now, please don't judge me for being a girl, okay?

Maybe one day in future, with substantial amount of patient, I will understand how all these become significant to my life. At the moment, they are still mysteries, they don't make any sense to me at all. This coming year, I hope time will be on my side, so together we can unlock the mysteries of life, especially mine.

Welcome 2009! No more tears please, Midget. Smile..think positive..happy..get slim, exercise!

Adios 2008. Cheers for coming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ERINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What you blog here was 2008's memory... now in 2009 lets find a new happy life...new chapter...new beginning.... tomorrow never die kanto iie anold swegerneger

Miss E said...

Thanks Chris. May we all prosper in year 2009.