Monday, February 9, 2009

Blue Monday

Yaaii.

Not much going on today. It's a bank holiday here in west Malaysia (Thaipusam) so pretty much I just sit at home and stare on my lappy screen again. I managed to sleep last night, after almost 32 hours being awake. I went to the tuition centre staff meeting yesterday, big boss bought us dinner from Sushi King. Didn't really enjoy the deep fried stuffs but it was free, so why complain. Anyways, that was my first meeting with them. All these time we ran our activities separately, I'm new and haven't met any of the centre's staffs. I'm glad I went to the meeting, I got the whole picture/idea of what the learning centre is about. Nothing much I can say about their business targets/aims. I've been doing part time freelance for a while with a few centres, I'm quite familiar with tuition centres business ideas. Each centre tries to be unique and individual, no surprise on that. At the end of the day, they still care how much money they earn as much as they care how much knowledge their students gain. I'm fine with that, except one thing, they want me to do marketing for them.

I don't know if I'm comfortable with it. As I am only doing this part time, I am trying not to get involved in the marketing stuff because it is clearly not my department. I'm giving lessons. I only need to plan my lesson based on the syllabus, set achievable objectives, make sure the children get whatever I'm passing to them and that's it, overall reflection on the session and I'm on my way home. The idea of me promoting the centre and getting more students is really making me feel uneasy. I'm planning to phone the boss sometimes this week and tell her not to expect me bringing students to her centre. I can promise her I will build a good rapport with my current students and make them stay but I will definitely not going out and market the centre's programme. If she insists, then she better comes up with a different deal on that one cos I'm not a cow, she can't manipulate me.

Oh, have I mentioned that I am the youngest one in the team? I was quite surprised the rest of the staffs are above the age of 45 and have been in the profession for many, many years. Imagine their experiences compared to mine. From our discussion I can tell they really know what they are doing, they are very good at it. I feel a little bit small around them. I learnt later that day that the boss is very particular with one's amount of experience before she employs anybody. Uuuhh, that gave me a sceptical feeling. She knows I am still green in this profession, what makes her offered me this job? The closest thing I can think about is that her centre was understaffed and she was desperate to get someone to cover it. Well, whatever it was, it's good for me because so far, I've got paid RM208 in cash for 4 sessions (8 hours). I know it's not much compared to what I used to get from other centres but it should cover one month payment for one of my credit cards, that's the only thing matter to me.

It's been a while since the last time I wrote about Forex. I lost quite a lot last week and couldn't afford to fund my account until last Friday. I must say Paypal is very convenient funding my account. With Paypal, I got my transaction done in no time. Monkey funds his account by wire transfer and it took 3 business days. Well, we know now that Paypal is better than wire transfer.

The market just opened today after the weekend, so it's quite slow. I've made 31 pips so far but possibly will lose it all if I'm not careful because I've jumped too quick on USD/JPY 30 minutes ago. I thought it was about to break the daily pivot and making a way ahead but I was wrong, it didn't. Now I'm down by 13 pips, if it reached -20, I'll quit it. The CCI is still looking good though, I hope it would turn around and make my day.

I spent a few good hours analysing the chart this afternoon. I have learnt a few things, I'm happy to share it here (doesn't have to be accurate all the time, maybe it's only for today's market):

1. The best time to trade is during the London market open because it has the highest trading volume.

2. Pay more attention to USDJPY chart. It kind of leading other currency pairs.

3. When USDJPY goes down, pretty much GBPJPY goes down too.

4. When GBPJPY goes down, GBPUSD goes down too.

5. When GBPUSD goes down, pretty much EURUSD is even but EURGBP goes down coz pound is getting stronger.

I have all these in my daily journal already but I thought it's not wrong to share my little lesson today, maybe it could be useful for other people too. Gotta go now. My USDJPY chart has started to show some good indications, I think it's good for me to glue my eyes on the chart.
Later alligator!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

10 main saham ka? Pandai juga ko baca-baca indeks tu..hahahaah.

Moses+Christ Army said...

ko taw ka tu forex?? cuba kasitaw sa apa tu banda @_@ manataw ko taw hehe

Miss E said...

Elle: bukan saham bah ten, perniagaan tukaran mata wang asing. Sa blajar dari si martin, dia lama sudah buat part time forex.

Chris: Sa pun enda brapa pandai terangkan, cuba ko cek di web broker sa, www.fxdd.com. Ada agent diorang di msia juga, cuba cek www.fxddmalay.com. Hari tu sa tingu banyak juga maklumat pasal forex sana.

Miss E said...

Update: Chris, bukan www.fxddmalay.com lagi, durang sudah moved website ke http://fxrebatesasia.com/index.php