Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Fierce Bear?


No, I am not, sir. I am nothing like the image above.

But how come I earned a mean nick name, Miss Bear, at work? I first heard about it today from my colleagues. They did mention who started it but had no idea if it was for sure. For a minute, I thought I could eat a boy. One particular boy named N**** from 3A. Thanks to him, all of a sudden, I'm no longer Miss E. Please welcome Miss Bear. Nggrrrrr...

Then I think again. I must have done something really terrifying that encouraged him to call me names. I know him as an obedient and diligent person, I can't imagine him calling me mean names without having a good reason for it. I must find out what have I done to earn that name.

So, during one of my sessions in his class today, I asked the children to put up both of their hands if they think I am as fierce as a bear.

Don't guess it. Everybody put up both of their hands. Surprised?

I am.

I know I am not a fierce person. Nothing like it. I am not trying to say that I think I am perfect, no. I am not, sir. I am not perfect. In fact, nobody is. But I can really tell you that I am a reasonable person. You will find it easy to talk to me. My sense of humor is healthy and I promise you I have never tasted a human flesh. Check my mouth, I don't hide any fangs. Seriously.

I asked them again, those who has been referring me as Miss Bear, put up both of their hands. All of them put up both of their hands, again!!

Then I asked them, whoever started this, put up both of his or her hands. Nobody did. But 26 over 27 students pointed their hand to one boy who was looking anxious in his seat. That's how I found out for sure that he started it.

When I asked him what gave him the idea to call me Miss Bear, he answered me in a trembling voice that I gave him that impression when I first entered their class. It was just his good luck that the bell rang and I had to dismiss the class. Otherwise, I would make him wet his pants with more of my 'fierce' questions.

I don't get it, you know. I never done anything scary in the class. Never even carried out any experiment on animals or anythings. What's so scary about me?

I thought we always had fun and we laughed a lot during the lessons. Why would my students be scared of me and calling me names? I mean, fair enough I am only new here, they don't know me well yet, but giving me such mean name? Why? What did I do?

I'll think more about it tonight. Maybe I have said or done something mean to them outside my conscious. Maybe it's my attitude, I don't know. Meanwhile, here what I want my students to know:



It's just me. Please don't freak out!

Photos Credit: Eiko Ishizawa at http://www.likecool.com/The_Sleeping_Bear--Outdoor--Home.html

Note: The photos are not mine and the girl in the photo is not me either.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ten are sure they call you Ms Bear because your are fierce?? Or is it mean for something else like Big mama Bear hahaha..because you are big....(gemuk) hahahaha jangan marah