Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sharing is Caring


Yup, that's my blood flowing out of my body. Probably it is now dripping into someone's body, saving their life.

It's been many years since last I donated my blood. I used to do this on a regular basis when I was still a college student. When I got married and started working, I guess I got a little busy coping with my new life and forgot to share love in this way.

As you may already know, I do occasionally boast on my bags or shoes or new books. I do also love to exaggerate on how bad is my day or how much I love my husband. But one thing I do not do is talking about my charity works, it's something I keep to myself. However, this time I give an exception to this one particular thing I did; donating my blood. I'm boasting it right here right now. Please notice it, feel disgusted and leave. Or, keep reading and tell me in the comment box that you agree with me too.

It popped out in 'how's your day' phone call between me and monkey. When he learned that I donated my blood, he freaked out! He thought I did it to have 'extra money' (eeewwww! I feel dirty typing that!). According to him, some people in his country (and probably also in many countries around the globe) are doing it for living.

EEEEWWWWW!!!

He only calmed down when I explained to him that I DO NOT give my blood for money, that is why I call it DONATE. True, they provided refreshment after the process but it doesn't count as a 'price' for my blood. It was just their way to say thank you, that's all. Oh, and yes, they will keep record of my 'kindness' and give me special room next time when I get sick and need to be hospitalized. But heck, who's waiting to get sick and be hospitalized? Not me, touch wood.

We all may have our different opinions and beliefs but seriously, it hurts to know that people make a living out of their 'free blood'. GROSS! I'm not saying I'm a saint or anything for giving my blood for free. My point is, god has blessed us with good health, He gives us beautiful and perfect body too, COSTLESS. Why would we go out and share the bless with price? Why? Counting our blessing is not enough, is it?

Again, we all may have different opinions and beliefs. Sometimes we may agree with others and view our opinions again. But on this one, I stay hard and firm, you know what I mean. If you are sharing something that is given by god, share it with love. Love is priceless, so share it price-less.

Though, I hope I don't sound like I'm announcing to the world that I'm giving out all my blood. Please don't take it like that because I need to keep some for myself too. Also, do note that my blood is not available all the time because FYI, I'm very scared of the needle. It's big and not to mention, it sucks blood!

I will only do this every 3 months as recommended by doctors. So, if you need some, talk to me 3 months from now. And don't worry, your body will like my blood, it's O+.

Ow, I just realised something. Maybe that is why mosquitoes like me too?

Nooooooo!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah ten O rupanya darah ko. universal donor semua boleh terima darah ko..I heard that it can make u gain weight through the process to get your blood back..hehehe
And one more thing I tak pernah donate darah...i should try it

Unknown said...

wah.....^^

surely i cannot donate my blood la bcoz sy kurang darah so not recommended huhu~~